Looking for a lower-sugar, gluten and dairy- free nutritious and delicious muffin? Here you go!
I like to have healthy snacks to grab when I am on the go. This recipe has been adapted over the years to lower the sugar content and make them gluten free. We could probably remove the 1/4 cup of coconut sugar altogether since the banana and chocolate chips offer enough sweetness – worth a try. They are moist, tasty, nutritious and a satisfying snack anytime of day.
PREP TIME 10-15 minutes COOK TIME 20 minutes TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (2 bananas)
• 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or avocado oil)
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Add the almond flour, oats, buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices in a bowl. Stir to combine.
2. In a separate bowl mash the banana, add the vanilla, then combine the apple cider vinegar & almond milk mixture in a smaller dish or measuring cup to let settle for the time you mash the bananas then combine the wet ingredients together, stirring well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
3. Divide batter evenly in 10 muffin cups, I use a ceramic muffin pan to avoid paper cups and they come out nicely. Bake at 360 F for about 17-20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.