Conversation with Petra Kolber, International fitness expert, wellness leader, author, speaker and beacon of happiness. More about Petra
Dial down the negative and amp up the positive! Need a boost of positive inspiration? This is it.
Hello dear friends, think forward to your best possible future. This conversation reveals so many fun nuggets of happiness wisdom.
This month I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to an industry icon and a woman I respect in the fitness community.
Petra Kolber is an internationally renowned fitness expert and wellness leader. She is known throughout the industry as a crusader for change and a beacon of authentic happiness.
Whether she is speaking, writing, coaching, podcasting, or even DJ’ing, she is inspired and influenced by the science of Positive Psychology.
Our conversation is heart felt and so full of wisdom and inspiration to help us all live our best life without regrets. Discover Petra’s happiness habits and how she learned to think forward to her best possible future. This strategy works even when you don’t have it all figured out!
One of my favourite ‘Petra’ quotes is; “we need to dial down the negative and amp up the positive”. Now that is some advice we can all benefit from!
I am thrilled to share some of the wisdom nuggets that emerged from our conversation.
Have a listen... or scan through the wisdom nuggets below...
I always enjoy hearing from you. Let me know what lit a spark for you in this conversation.
Petra's Nuggets of Happiness Wisdom
- 4:03 Petra’s definition of happiness
- 6:17 How Petra discovered how to speak to people’s values, hearts and potential
- 7:08 How you feel about yourself matters
- 8:05 Dial down the negative and amp up the positive!
- 9:01 Petra’s favourite quote and guiding force...
- 9:43 Why the brain’s default is negative
- 10:50 If you’ve got to work hard, at least enjoy
- 13:30 Petra an introvert? Her go-to happiness habits
- 15:20 Giving up drinking wine and alcohol was a game changer!
- 19:00 Success leaves clues, Petra Googled what her icons were doing
- 22:30 Laura shares happiness resilience thoughts and Petra’s strengths
- 24:00 Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional, amplify your strengths
- 27:25 What to do when you are feeling low
- 30:06 No one has it all figured out, think forward to your best possible future self
- Final words of wisdom